Wednesday, November 14, 2012

En Huelga General/ General Strike

The economic and social situation in Spain (and other countries too) these days (weeks, month or even years) is very difiicult and is getting worse. I am not supporting the decisions the government has taken and am therefore supporting the general strike today. Something has to change! I might understand people saying that this (strikes and demonstrations) will not change anything at all. Until now, there hasn´t come change (not for the good). Right. But, I can´t sit there and do as everything would be the same and not give my support. That would be, for me, even worse. That would mean I support the government, that would mean I give my approval to the cuts in e.g. health services and education. Today I am on strike!

No comments:

Post a Comment